Archive for the 'Progress Reports' Category
Service Learning Class Open House Video !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcIFApFojQA&feature=youtu.be

This is the link to the video i took during open house.

[Dont Worry Be Harpy] – Progress Report for [Guitar Hero]

Progress report for 0/27 – 05/03

Team Members:

Ankit, Chiran, Austin

Status:

We are almost there ! There was some problem with the pitchshifter.pd sketch, and Mr. John helped us in the maize with it, but unfortunately the work was not saved. So we were back to square one. 

Where we need help:

pd sketch for pitchshifter

Goals for the week:

Get pitchshifter.pd sketch done and start wiring the guitar and completing to the point where we feel satisfied. 

Meeting times/dates

In the evening on Wednesday and Friday

Individual Hours:

Not so much, i think all of us are mostly working together, though richard inputs more time if he happens to be in the senior design lab. 

Notes/Misc:

[Dont Worry Be Harpy] – Progress Report for [Guitar Hero]

Team Members:

Ankt, Richard, Chiran

Status:

As of 04/25/2014, we are almost ready with our guitar prototype even though we feel we are behind schedule that we decided earlier, since none of us could not make it to maize on 04/23 due to some problems. We have downloaded different sounds, we have uploaded our touch2.ino file to the fake arduinos who are still glued at the back of the guitar. We have tested the arduinos and all its channels, after applying touch shields.  We have wired the arduinos to the buttons on the neck (Frats) i guess :) . But we are now encountering a problem that is keeping us distant from the finishing line.

Where we need help:

We need pitch shifter for our guitar to make it sound better, but the pitch shifter pd patch that we downloaded from cratel.wichita.edu, is not helping to pitch the sound, instead it just sounds different, we dont know why and we dont know how we can solve this problem. HELP !

Goals for the week:

Get the Pitch Shifter running !

Meeting times/dates

After class on friday till we meet our weekly goals.

Individual Hours:

1-2 hour per week.

Notes/Misc:

[Electric Violin] – Progress Report for [Dubstep Violin]

Team Members:

Thomas Dang, Ernesto Cisneros, Van Vo , Tsunkit Man

Status:

Our pd patch is working, but not very well, we are planning on learning how to use it better and make it work for us with an aurduino. The violin plugged in and worked fine. We are playing music just like we wanted and distorting it with delays and wawas. 

Where we need help:

We need helping getting the pd code to work and hooking up an aurduino 

Goals for the week:

Our goal for next week is to come to class with everything prepared, meaning the violin, the aurduinos and any other hardware necessary to start trying to get this project to work.

Meeting times/dates

Our next meeting time will be on Monday  next week April 21

Individual Hours:

Thomas will bring the violin and everyone else will bring their kits with aurduinos., we are planning to meet on monday to get as much done as we possibly can.

Notes/Misc:

DUBSTEP VIOLIN!!

[BaNg] – Progress Report for Mellowphone

Team Members:

Austin Crane

Noal Anderson

Mitchell Crow

Status:

80% complete, we need to be putting the pieces together.

Where we need help:

We will need a laptop from the CSEE senior design lab for our presentation at engineering open house.

Goals for the week:

  • Choose the sounds we want to use
  • plug the horn “thing” into PD
  • get the laptop from senior design
  • get a trifold to post by our booth at the open house

Meeting times/dates

Next friday get’er done. We will stay after class to work more on it.

Individual Hours:

We will need to take time to select sounds to use and maybe make it correlate with a video.

Notes/Misc:

Trash M8ks Noise – Progress Report for Kevin Nozari

Team Members:

Kevin, Waziri, Narjas

Status:

We have a program that uploads the different sound that we are going to use and play them when triggered with a bang. All we need to do is add our 1 or 2 adrinos to the Pd program and provide our trash to test that out trash will work along with the triggers. Also we might need to do is create (if needed) and trigger program for the adrinos.

Where we need help:

I think the only challenge will be programing the adrinos onto Pd. But with a little quick help, we will be able to get that done. 

Goals for the week:

Hopefully, we will have everything done with the project and that we can put it all together and test it during next class period.

Meeting times/dates

Kevin- Will provide the trash (during next class period) and will also help with Waziri with any need that he might need (with the programing).

Waziri- Will make sure to have the program done and ready to be used. 

Narjas- Will be getting our Final Report started so that all she needs to add is the project results. 

We will keep each other updated with emails. If we all or some need to meet, we will communicated to each other on date, time, locaiton. 

Individual Hours:

It should not take each of us alot of time to finish these tasks. We just need to make a few small adjustments. 

Notes/Misc:

Trash M8ks Noise – Progress Report for Kevin Nozari

Team Members:

Kevin, Waziri, Narjas

Status:

He have everything that we need to put our project together. All were missing is connecting our adrinos along with our trash triggers. We will test out the program to make sure that it works and when it does, we will add the adrino system to it. 

Where we need help:

As of right now, there is none. 

Goals for the week:

To finish the project once in for all and make sure that it works. 

Meeting times/dates

We will continue to discuss through email about our progress of the project and if there is any assistance we can provide to each other.

Individual Hours:

If everything works as planned, then we dont need to spend no more than a couple of hours on putting the adrino system together along with the trash triggers.

Notes/Misc:

[Dont Worry Be Harpy] – Progress Report for [Guitar Hero]

Team Members:

Richard, Ankit, Chiran

Status:

Basically, we just need to upload touch 2 .ino to the two arduinos glued at the back of the guitar. And to pass all the hardware (guitar prototype which has programmed arduinos glued) and software (pd sketches ) to kenny, so that he could finish writing the pd sketches he is working on, to make the guitar sound awesome. But since we had a MASSIVE MALFUNCTION with the technology (with the maize and mr. harrison’s computer, as to not sure why was it happening) on our last visit to Maize on 04/16, we could not achieve what i just mentioned above.

Where we need help:

As of now, we are looking ok, as long as we can get the uploading done to the arduinos before our next visit to Maize on 04/23.

Goals for the week:

To upload the touch 2.ino and pass the guitar prototype to kenny. We have the additional arduinos and we have to program them and make them ready.

Meeting times/dates

Class times and afterwords

Individual Hours:

This week we only input an hour of our time into this, since we have most of it figured out and just need to upload and complete the project which was not done due to the technical difficulties with the maize and mr. harrison’s computer last time.

Notes/Misc:

BANG! – Progress Report for Weird Sounds for a Mellophone

Team Members:

Mitchell Crow

Nole Anderson

Austin Crane

Status:

We’ve put together a patch that is pretty close to being finished. The final part will be determining the actual sounds we want to use and then coming up with some type of “performance”.

Where we need help:

None needed. John helped us out showing us how to cause a bank selection to take be applied and that pretty much helped complete our patch.

Goals for the week:

Try everything out and make sure it works. Next we need to figure out how it’s going to be “shown off”. I think this may actually land on Austin since Noal and I will have senior design projects we’ll have to attend to during the open house.

Meeting times/dates

We met last Friday after class and gave rough assignments to everyone and then communicated through text. I think we’re pretty close to being done though so that’s good.

Individual Hours:

Maybe another 30 minutes to finish up the patch and add the sounds we want and then maybe a couple hours to come up with how to “show it off”.

Notes/Misc:

BANG_unfinished

Violin Hero- Progress Report for Dubstep Violin

Team Members:

Thomas Dang, Ernesto Cisneros, Van Vo , Tsunkit Man

Status:

We finally have a pd patch for our project. Our next goal is to plug in the viloin and make the pd patch recognize it and alter the sounds made in it.

Where we need help:

We are going to need help making an aurduino work with our patch in order to select the different types of distortions. 

Goals for the week:

Our goal for next week is to come to class with everything prepared, meaning the violin, the aurduinos and any other hardware necessary to start trying to get this project to work.

Meeting times/dates

Our next meeting time will be class on friday at 1:30 

Individual Hours:

Thomas will bring the violin and everyone else will bring their kits with aurduinos.

Notes/Misc:

DUBSTEP VIOLIN!!