Team Patrick – Progress Report Mar 9 – 15

Goals for the week:

  • Figure out how Frets on Fire works
  • Get final circuit layout done
  • Get music piece chosen
  • EC – Solder buttons to leads
  • Get some more info for our team page

Meeting times/dates

Friday 11:30 – 12:15

What we did:

We were having difficulty finding a song choice that is enjoyable and yet is presentable on Frets on Fire (5 notes). We decided to go with Ode to Joy (Beethoven 9) as the song which we will present to the students, but then invite the students to come up with a song (we’ll need to find a backup just in case).

Tony: Got the circuit diagram done (include link here) and wired a prototype.
Xiaolong: Worked on Frets on Fire. Had some difficulty with the program (wouldn’t go into full screen and then stopped running), but it sounds like the Frets on Fire Fix will work better.

What we didn’t do:

  • Update page info (did a little but not much)
  • Didn’t get get the buttons soldered

Where we are stuck:

We got unstuck at last minute… hooray!

Notes/Misc:

“It’s pretty good, but it lacks basic construction, and your perspective leaves a lot to be desired.”

You must be logged in to post a comment.