Zech Frost
Well my inspriation for my dead baby in a coffin came to me one night after a few beers at the local spot. My daughter was not exactly happy with this project though…

Specification

  • 2 White leds
  • 2 5mm led holders
  • 1 160 ohm resistor
  • 1 Servo
  • 1 Bread board
  • 1 6.3V External power source used to power the servos in my nitro truck
  • 1 Linkage rod from my carburator on my Savage 4.6
  • Wiring
  • 1 Zip tie
  • Hot glue
  • Cut up pillow case
  • 1 Black rattle can
  • 1/4″ Plywood 
  • 2 hinges
  • Velcro
  • Heat activated shrink wrap

Description

  • I made the coffin out of some scrap plywood I had laying around the garage. It is 14″ long 4 1/2″ tall. The base starts out at 4″ wide and peaks out to 6″ then back to 4″ at the head then spray painted the coffin. I used a babies head from one of my daughters dolls. I popped the eyes out of the babies head and drill holes for the led holders to fit into the head. I wired and soldered the led wires. I used the heat activated shrink wrap to cover the solder and the bare wires. The led that I ran from pin 12 on the Arduino I included a 160 ohm resistor that way the 6v power source would not blow the led. Pin 13 has a resister built into the Arduino board from the factory so I did not put a resistor on this led. The servo motor I hooked up to the 5v constant and ran the signal wire off of pin 9 on the Arduino board. I used the bread board as a grounding tool and ran all the grounds to it and then grounded them to the Arduino. The blink program came from the Arduino website. The servo motor program came from someone on the internet Thank You whoever you are! It was days later and I could not find the right website in my history to correctly reference it. After everything was wired up I hot glued the babies head to the bottom of the coffin. I took the velcro and used it to keep the power supply and bread board from moving around inside the coffin. To mount the servo I just globbed hot glue all over the bottom and stuck it to the side of the coffin where I needed it to funtion how I wanted it to. I hooked the throttle linkage to the servo and used it as my prop rod to open the coffin lid. After I got everything working properly I cut down an old pillow case that I had and hot glued it into the coffin to hide the electronics. Bring a spoon!

#include <Servo.h>   Servo myservo;                  int pos = 90;   int led = 13; int led1 = 12; void setup() {   myservo.attach(9);   pinMode(led, OUTPUT);   pinMode(led1, OUTPUT); }     void loop() {   for(pos = 0; pos < 0; pos += 1)     {                                       myservo.write(pos);                   delay(30);                          }

{     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led, LOW);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, HIGH);     delay(100);     digitalWrite(led1, LOW);     delay(100);       for(pos = 90; pos>=0; pos-=1)       {                                    myservo.write(pos);                   delay(20);                         }     } }

Reflection

  • To make this project even more awsome I think hooking up a speaker with some kind of scary baby sounds would have been good! also I would have hid the servo better.
  • Well for starters I would definitely have this project done on time. shrug (life) I think I would also have used red leds instead of white. Also I would have incorporated using the photo sensor.
  • Even though it can be a pain to work in groups with everyones schedule it sure can be beneficial when you have many time constraints of your own.
  • I would really suggest that if you want to use one of your daughters old dolls that you do not let them observe you removing the head from the doll it might be a tramatic experience that they do not let you forget about…
Leave Your Comment

Name*
Mail*
Website
Comment