Hello Blog, I’m Eric Ruby, Peer Mentor for TR 11:00 – 12:15 Engr101!

For anyone needing help, my lab hours are MW 12-2 in Wallace Hall 321. Dominic, Tom, or I should always be there for any help you might need!

Hey everyone! I am your section’s mentor for Engineering 101. I am currently going by Ruby-Red but that is subject to change. Feel free to throw Dom any suggestions on a better nickname. This is my girlfriend and I. She constantly forces me to take pictures against my will so if you see me in a picture it will almost always be with her. As I hinted towards in my two truths and a lie our first class, my main hobby is playing video games. I used to play games competitively around Wichita. I originally started with Halo 3 and played the franchise through Halo Reach until the release of Halo 4. If you want to have a discussion on the competitive merit of Halo 4, I’m your guy. After the “fall of Halo”, I moved onto PC games and spend a majority of my time playing League of Legends. I have a great and supportive family and a lovely girlfriend of 4 years. We also have a fur baby that we named Bandit. If I ever walk into class covered in fur, it will be this little monsters fault.

I am originally from Wichita but spent the first 6 years of my life in California because my father was in the Navy. I am a senior in Aerospace Engineering. I was never really sure what I wanted to be growing up. I once had a teacher approach me in high school and ask me what I wanted to be when I got out of high school. After giving her the answer “I don’t care as long as it makes me a lot of money”, she recommended to me that I be an engineer. From there I narrowed it down to aerospace due to my attraction to flight and the convenience of having a great college for the program so close to home. A lot of people have asked me what I plan on doing with my major as I’ve gone through college. My answer now is the same as it was at the beginning of college. I have no idea. In 5 to 10 years, I hope to be married in a nice house and working a job that is fulfilling. I expect this class to be a lot a more work then you guys probably hoped it would be from a 101 class. I also expect this class to be a lot more fun then you would ever expect from a 101 class. People have been telling me this my whole life and I always ignored it but trust me when I say that gaining knowledge through learning can be one of the most fulfilling and enjoyable experiences of your life. If you guys ever need advice/help with anything  just know that I will do my best to provide any help/advice I can. Here is my email.

etruby{at} wichita {dot }edu 

01
Ashlee Weeks
August 27th, 2013 14:08

I love league of legends!!! Just so ya know. I decided to comment on everyone’s post. You posted one too. Sooooooooo, here’s your comment!

Leave Your Comment

Name*
Mail*
Website
Comment