Archive for the 'Progress Reports' Category
Progress Reports

Put your Progress Reports here.

The Mind Takers – Progress report for RC Mind Control Project – Week of 10/10/11

Progress Report

This link will take you to our progress report. Anyone can view it as long as they use this link. It will probably be updated through the end of the day today.

Steering wheel sensor team 2

Goals for the week:

Ajust the timing on the arduino for the steering wheel. Write and upload software to arduino in order to create a perfect delay and give more sensibility to the steering wheel and get the LED to light at proper times. Bye and hook the flashing tape to the steering wheel. Build a stand  for the wheel. Be able to calibrate the cap sensor

5:30 pm October 10st meet for 2 hours. 5:30 pm October 12th 2hrs

Individual Hours:

Individual Hour:

Mitchel DeWild: (12 hrs) Mounted the steering wheel stand over the weekend Uploaded and successful function test.  Write and upload software to arduino in order to create a perfect delay and give more sensibility to the steering wheel and get the LED to light at proper times  and calibrate the cap sensor.

Kemal Ali:(10hrs)Write and upload software to arduino in order to create a perfect delay and give more sensibility to the steering wheel and get the LED to light at proper times . 

David Djobo: (10hr):

What we did:Write and upload software to arduino in order to create a perfect delay and give more sensibility to the steering wheel and get the LED to light at proper times. Worked on how to design the tape and looked over the whole  circuit diagram on line for few hours

.

What we did do: 

Mounted the steering wheel stand over the weekend uploaded and successful ajust the sensitivity of the steering wheel, tested and passed.  Wrote and upload software to arduino in order to create a perfect delay and more sensibility to the steering wheel and got the LED to light up at proper times. Worked on designing the lighting tape and looked over the electrical circuit diagram of the tape on line.

Individual accomplishments which serve the team can and also should be listed here.

What we didn’t do:

Buy the tape and hook it up.

Where we are stuck:

Get rid of the external ground needed for the arduino

Notes/Misc:

We are where we need to be for this presentation on friday.

Team GTLE – 10/2 Progress Report

https://sites.google.com/site/ee585seniordesign/home

HTC – Progress Report for Digital controller for analog synth Week of 9-30

Goals for the week:

Work out problems with Servo jumping when switching

Continue to develop LCD code and

Design and program a switching circuit for multiple ouputs using relay

Meeting times/dates

Tuesday 4 30, friday 2 00

Individual Hours:

Taylore- 7

John-3

Hyder- 3

What we did:

Not much was done on the servos. the digipots are in and Taylore has code up and working for one at a time, but is still working on making a switch work to use two at once. Hyder got the lcd soldered and did research on how to code it. Also, we have the theory for using a demultiplexer to select multiply outputs, but that will be implemented later.

What we didn’t do:

The only thing that we have left to do for next weeks prototype is get the servos attached to the pots on a pedal. I dont think that the digipots are gonna be working yet as they just came in, but we will try to get those working as well.

Where we are stuck:

We are having a problem figuring out how to push a button and it permanently changes the state of a digital output until it is pushed again.

Notes/Misc:

DSSP – Progress Report for Smart Mailbox for Smart Wheelchair Week of [10/06]

Goals for the week:

Our goal for this week is to have a meeting with the disabled people at CPRF.  We also plan to complete the setup for XBEE and get it working/running.  We are heading towards completing our first prototype for this semester.

Meeting times/dates

Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (Sep. 2nd, 4th, and 6th) for about 2 hrs per day

Individual Hours:

Praveen worked on getting the required program for the XBEE configuration while Suman worked on figuring out the circuits for Sonar and XBEE.  Santosh and I were assigned to create a design of mailbox.  We worked towards making a simple design of a smart mailbox.

What we did:

First of all, our meeting at CPRF went very well.  We had a very informative meeting today at CPRF.  We discussed many ideas that would make the lives of disabled individuals easier.  We met with Darrel and he showed us how he uses his power wheelchair.  He was actually really good at using his sip and puff wheelchair, and was very comfortable with the way he was using his wheelchair.  He gave us feedback on the disadvantages and difficulties of voice controlled wheelchair, but we did get a chance to meet with Todd, an individual who uses voice controlled features to control his TV, lights, etc.  He mentioned that he would like to have a voice controlled door opener.  Many wheelchairs have a box installed that manually open the door but they are heavy and malfunction a lot.  Todd said that this would definitely help him to improve his daily living.    
           We also received another idea from George, a technician at CPRF, about engineering a sensor that would sense any obstacles such as doors, walls, any surroundings, etc and keep the wheelchair from bumping onto those obstacles.  We are definitely excited and motivated because we think we can change the way of living for some disabled people. 

                Since we were having trouble with the configuration of XBEE, John helped us get an appointment with Tom, who helped us yesterday, Oct 5th in transmitting and receiving signals using XBEE.  He showed us the proper steps to connect XBEE and we were able to get appropriate results. We were able to transmit from one XBEE to another and also did setup sonar to process the transmitting information.   

 

What we didn’t do:

          We didn’t get a complete working prototype yet, but are very close to getting to the point.

Where we are stuck:

We couldn’t figure out how to make both XBEE’s to talk to each other.  We could get one the information transmit from one to the other; however, it didn’t work vice versa.  We are hoping to figure that out by tomorrow.

Notes/Misc:

 

[Team Alpha] – Progress Report for [Smart Mailbox] Week of [10/6]

Goals for the week:

have all Arduino shields assembled and test all component and circuits. Make the algorithm that governs how all components of the project work together, and make the Arduino algorithm to translate it finally into a compiled program in every one of the 2 Arduinos.

Meeting times/dates

Thursday  10-6 , for 2 hours.

Individual Hours:

Said: Did the assembling and soldering for all arduino shields and tested them.
Festus: Worked on designing the arduino program and install it beside the testing.
Kathy: Worked on integrating the switching circuit that turn the whole project on and off beside the timing.
Jessica: Worked on finding cost effective parts and way of production for the project as a business opportuinity, that included RF modules from Panasonic that produce wireless  solution for less cost.
 Stanley: Worked with Festus on designing the algorithm of the program and programming the arduinos units.

What we did:

  • integrated all component as a whole system in one design and into the real parts “mailbox”
  • Got all electronic comp0nents assembled, soldered and tested.
  • Finished designing the necessary algorithm and transform it into a program in both units of the arduinos.

What we didn’t do:

Did not finish yet integrating and programming the Ethernet unit that will use the internet to send e-mails to the user of the smart mailbox.

Where we are stuck:

Nothing till now.

Notes/Misc:

[Team Haymar-Giang-Phuong] – Progress Report for [Motion Controlled R/C] Week of [October 6th]

Goals for the week:

Get the remaining items/supplies needed for our rough-rough prototype build. Also learn more about arduino programming along with Xbee layout.

Meeting times/dates

Mondays 1:30pm – 3:00pm

Individual Hours:

Haymar – design draft of arm mechanism/control

Phuong – test hardware and test small codes

Giang – read/practice arduino info/forums/blogs/links from EE blog

What we did:

We started to take the R/C car apart to see the leads and circuit diagram. Phuong has drawn a rough circuit diagram of the overall configuration of the R/C.

What we didn’t do:

We haven’t been about to get the tilt switch & the flex sensor.

Where we are stuck:

N/A

Notes/Misc:

[Team Omega] – Progress Report for Steering Wheel Sensor Week of [10/5]

Goals for the week:

Get the readings from the circuit

Meeting times/dates

Friday 9/30, Tuesday 10/4 ~2 hours

Individual Hours:

Everyone from the group dedicated some of the daily time to the project throughout the week,

What we did:

We put the components of our Prototype 1 together, uploaded the code to Arduino, and got satisfying result. The circuit works with a piece of aluminum and we get the expected output when applying pressure to the metal.Ravi made some adjustments per James’ suggestion. Polina obtained a steering wheel for the next stage of the project and is working on wrap up for Prot1.

What we didn’t do:

n/a

Where we are stuck:

n/a

Notes/Misc:

our details are posted on our forum :-)