Aaron Wirtz–EE585

Greetings!  I’m Aaron Wirtz and I am a second year graduate student pursuing my MFA in Fiction Writing at Wichita State.  I also a GTA teaching two sections of English 102.  I was born and raised in Wichita, and have traveled to the Philippines five times.

Why am I in this class?  In my spare time, I am developing an electronic music performance art project under the stage name CutterJ the Absurdist, which at this point includes techniques like video scratching, vocoded tap dancing, and electric, MIDI-enabled spoons.  I come from a background of dance and music theatre, which informs my approach to live shows, and I feel the momentum building.

I am happily engaged to a truly wonderful woman (who actually enjoys having my gear around the house) and we’re set to be married in November.  I’m looking forward to getting to know some of you more!  Please contact me at acwirtz at wichita dot edu!

01
August 13th, 2012 3:33 am

Hello Aaron,
just a question. Can recordings of your performance be found anywhere? Searched YT, but found nothing related. Did you archive it at all?

Btw., soon there will be a German EM-project, SYNESTEM, focussing on JMJ-style Electronic Music – guess what, made by a guy who’s last name is Wirtz too! What coincidence.. ^^

Greetings and sry for my bad English! ;)
Ava

02
Aaron Wirtz
August 15th, 2012 7:59 pm

Ava-

Thanks for the note! Yes, I have a Youtube channel that I’m constantly contributing to:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CutterJTheAbsurdist?feature=mhee

Thanks for the heads up about SYNESTEM, I’ll have to look into it! I think I’m finally narrowing down on a setup that includes iPad, Kinect, Talkbox, video camera, spoons, and tap shoes.

Do you make electronic music?

03
Aaron Wirtz
August 15th, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Ava! Yes, my YouTube channel is here, featuring some tutorials and performances: http://www.youtube.com/user/CutterJTheAbsurdist?feature=mhee

Thanks for the heads up about SYNESTEM–I’ll have to check it out!

Do you make electronic music?

04
A.Felsenstein
August 16th, 2012 1:27 am

Hey Aaron!
Thx for pointing me to your channel, I’m right there, watching. Since you ask, whether I make EM, haha, just hit my URL. :)

There are also some infos about Synestem (soon), the other Mr. Wirtz I mentioned (whose name + EM brought me to your site via google). He’s a good fellow of mine, still working on his website. But he’s not that active guy on stage as you are. :D Just enjoyed the Goodbye Serano vid. I like this vocoder stuff, yeah!! ^^
Ava

Leave Your Comment

Name*
Mail*
Website
Comment