Final project – William Livengood

This ‘A – Mazeing’ game is a maze game that requires the player to navigate a bi-level maze to reach the exit.  The player must moves between levels via a series of ‘up’ and ‘down’ squares.  To go up or down, the player must be on an appropriate square and then press the A button to change levels.  This is repeated until the player reaches the end.  The game is timed to keep track of how long it takes the player.

Files:

“Standard” stuffgbhw.inc – Standard hardware definitions from devrs.com.ibmpc1.inc – ASCII character set from devrs.com.

memory.asm – Standard memory functions and definitions.

John’s stuffstandard-defs.inc – Standard definitions developed by John.gbhw-snd.inc – Hardware defs for sound.

easyScore.asm – An easy way to keep score.  I changed “Score” to “Time” and the background tile.

My stuffgame-inc.inc – My definitions and macros.game_map_1.z80 – Map onegame_map_2.z80 – Map two

game_tiles_1.z80 – My tiles

Final-game.asm – Source code for the game

Final-game.gb   – binary game file

00-README.txt – this file

Final Game zip package  

Retrospective:

This class was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot!

Going back over my code, it does not seem like that much now that I know what it all does, but I guess that is the way most things are.  I wish I had more time to go back to change and add more stuff.  I think I can do some of the things better.  Unfortunately, we only had one semester to learn and write the code.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post a comment.